Shaw Cancer Center’s comprehensive wellness program addresses the physical and emotional effects of cancer, long-term health goals, and the impact of cancer on day-to-day life. Incorporating fitness, nutrition, physical therapy and a variety of support services, and wellness services, the Spirit of Survival program empowers all survivors to thrive during and after treatment. Cancer and cancer treatments can have a long-lasting impact on your body, mind, and spirit. Survivorship services at Shaw Cancer Center include clinical care, education, and support throughout your treatment and after initial therapy is complete.
Through personalized guidance through the cancer journey, we empower survivors with knowledge on their cancer diagnosis and treatment, provide information, address late and long-term effects of cancer and its treatment, and provide recommendations for follow-up care.
Spirit of Survival Program includes:
- Fitness - Classes in yoga, Pilates, meditation and tai chi
- Nutrition - Shaw's registered dietician, recommended readings and websites
- Physical Therapy - integrative approach to treating patients during treatment and recovery
- Psychosocial Support - Cancer Support Groups, peer connection, spiritual services
- Spirit of Survival Events - Expressive Arts, hikes, and luncheons
- Wellness Services - Acupuncture, Reiki, guided imagery, massage, yoga, Pilates, tai chi, relax & stretch
Spirit of Survival is made possible by the generosity of participants and donors of Pink Vail, which ended in 2021. For those interested, philanthropy is still needed to fund these programs.