(970) 668-6400 Breast Imaging Clinic, Dillon
Sonnenalp Breast Imaging was an early adopter of 3D mammography with breast density software in Colorado.
At what age should you receive a mammogram?
- Shaw Cancer Center recommends women start annual mammography at age 40.
- If a woman has a strong family history of breast cancer (i.e., a first-degree relative, such as a sister or mother), then it is recommended that mammographic screening begin 10 years prior to the age at which the cancer of the relative was diagnosed.
- 3D mammograms make it possible for a radiologist to gain a better understanding of breast tissue during screening and the confidence to reduce the need for follow-up imaging.
- 3D Mammography is one of the most effective breast imaging tools available to detect breast cancer.
- Often, breast cancers can be seen on a mammogram before any symptoms occur.